Administrative Coordinator for a Conference on Climate Change and Health in Small Island Developing States: Focus on the Caribbean, Oct 5-9, 2021
(Short Term Contract; virtual conference)
The Administrative Coordinator for the first annual Research Conference on Climate Change and Health in SIDS: Focus on the Caribbean is required on a part time basis from June to November 2021 to ensure the successful execution of the conference. To succeed in this role, you should be able to think innovatively, and have excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills to work with a multi-professional team and stakeholders in countries in the Caribbean, US, and the UK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison and work closely with the EarthMedic and EarthNurse and Yale University Conference Coordination Team and othersto ensure an efficient and effective conference.
- Plan and promote the conference through diverse communication channels, including through partners in the steering committee, training, and research institutions in the region.
- Contact / book /follow up with speakers in different countries and organizations.
- Organize the Call for Papers and work with the Review Committee to assign oral presentations, poster presentations, or any other category.
- Organize activities, sessions, workgroups, and related meetings before, during and after the conference; take meeting minutes.
- Track/monitor participant registration from different categories and income from various sources.
- Analyze feedback from participants and partners.
- Coordinate with the EarthMedic and EarthNurse team toensure that the Final Conference Report is prepared.
- Participate in feedback discussions and highlight lessons learned for the future.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in one of the following: International Relations, Public Administration, Event Management, Communications, or related area, plus three (3) years of relevant and equivalent level experience working in one of the following institutions:
- An international or regional organisation/institution.
- A public sector organisation.
- A non-profit organisation.
Specialized training/good working knowledge is required in:
- Conference management/event/logistics planning; desirable if in health or climate.
- Diplomacy and protocol in face to face and virtual formats
- A foreign language relevant to the Community (Spanish, French).
In addition, the following competencies are required:
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent managerial and representational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills.
Applications supported by resumés should be addressed to the Executive Director and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications is May 19th, 2021
UNSUITABLE/LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED